Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Surgery Night - Nov. 16

Well I am headed to bed. Tomorrow I need to be at the doctors at 8:15 and my surgery is at 9:15 a.m. It should last 45 minutes and I could be home by 12:00 if all goes well, so I'm told. Right now I can say I am totally calm and relaxed. Earlier when I got home from work I could feel my heart racing just because the house was sort of a mess with me being gone the last 2 days plus work emails just keep coming in and then I feel like I need to get back to my customers right away and make sure they have what they need. Tonight I just tried to get the house organized, hung out with the kids, and did one last load of laundry. I had the normal thoughts like WTF am I doing, am I doing the right thing, and yet I know I am so I just tried to stop thinking silly. I debated taking one of those natural sleeping pills but decided not to. I can feel my mind and body is physically tired and lord knows if I don't rest well tonight I will have plenty of time over the weeks to come to lay down and rest.

Deb - thank you so much for your support and sharing your personal journey with me. And again I am so happy your recovery is going so well for you!! It gives me hope and faith. Sara, if your reading this thank you so much for starting your blog and bringing us all together. I hope your enjoying swimming, hiking, and biking!! Katbird it's been great hearing how your doing in your recovery as well and thanks for sharing your story with us as well.

Okay this is probably going to sound really odd, but today it dawned on me that I have not told that many people that I am having this surgery done. I told my closest friends that I love and trust dearly and my kids friend's mom's that I hang out with (local friends), but it dawned on me today that I never told my 2 brothers and my 1 sister about this operation. My one sister (I have 2 sisters) did find out through my mom. She is a Physical Therapist and she shared her thoughts and strong opinion about the whole thing. I honestly did not intentional not tell my other siblings I just never thought about it because they are 2 hours away and they are all busy with their own lives. Plus deep down I am one of those people that likes to do the research and formulate my own opinion and decision and then I move forward with whatever I decide. I feel like this is such a personal thing I'm doing to myself and sometimes I can only take so many opinions from others.

Today or throughout the week I heard from everyone that knows and I just gotta say people are so nice and kind and I know if I need help any one of them would step up and help and I will ask for help as I need it. It's just nice when you feel so loved and feel like people sincerely do care about you. I know my mom is so nervous and she doesn't get why I am doing this even though her sister has to have this operation too and has just been putting it off. Anyway tonight when I talked to my mom I could tell in her voice that she is worried which is normal.

Okay, I am going to go since tomorrow will start a new chapter in my life and I will just take things day to day and do whatever I need to do in order to get back to where I am today regarding my activities and my health. I will be extra conscious regarding the foods that go into my body tomorrow. I'm pretty much thinking fruits, veggies, and lean proteins. No salty foods or processed foods for me. It's good that I do truly eat heathy now, but if I have a bad craving for something I do treat myself time to time. I just know right now each day I burn lots of calories from exercising so I can eat my share of food. And starting tomorrow I need to cut my calorie intake down somewhat.

Until next time enjoy your day and get out and do something you love! Tootles! If I don't feel to drugged up tomorrow I will let you know how it all went, but I'm told my memory could be a bit off due to the drugs so you might not want to trust everything I write tomorrow (just kidding). All will be good!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment