Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 4

Okay, I'm sort of playing around today and trying to figure out how to add pictures within my post. A friend had suggested I keep adding photos and because I love her I will try and add some more photos. Yet, honestly I really don't have to many exciting photos to add.

First photo my boys... they never leave each other alone and can not be apart. Even when they are mad at each other they can't leave each other alone. I just hope this continues 10, 20, etc... years down the road. Both boys are having fun in this picture just so you know. No one was harmed (smile).
The dog: Allie islooking at me and saying "get your ass off that couch and let me in". It's the story of my life (smile). She goes in and she goes out of the house throughout the day and when she wants to come back in the house we all know. If I was a dog I'd want her life. That's all I'm going to say.
The picture below is of my lovely ice pack wrapped around my foot. I attempted to try and watch some movies via our Wii using netflix and let's just say I was never able to get one downloaded and it was frustrating as all heck. One thing I can tell is right now is my mind doesn't really feel like "thinking". I think my mind is in "rest mode" too. I did spend a few hours on the couch though as a way to break up my day. But since I don't have any t.v. channels and could not get netflix to work it was sort of boring. I did attempt to work on my online photo album, but again my mind just didn't want to wake up, so I just laid and laid and laid. Fun!
I'm just playing around with my iPhone with the picture below. Another goal of my to do while I am laid up. I got the new phone and have not had time to really figure out all the ins and outs. This is what I look like today. Still no shower mind you since last Thursday, Nov. 17th. This a.m. I said to Steve. Will you help me later take a shower? Steve: I'm not sure you should take a shower yet. We don't want to get your foot wet Me: We'll if your not going to help me you need to tell me because then I will do it myself while you are gone Steve: I'll see what I can do. Let me think about it. REALLLY!! Seriously, I might try doing this on my own if I can get my mind to think through the process (smile).

I'm not sure who is resting more comfortably here... me or Allie.
Okay, enough photos. I will try to get one of Ice Man himself later. Speaking of ice. I need to go ice my foot and grab some lunch. I will be back.

I'm back...
I think I have to remember to carry that darn phone with me. I made it to the kitchen which is just outside my bedroom door and the phone starts to ring right when I sit down to eat my lovely go lean, crunch cereal and of course the person doesn't just leave a message they keep calling back until I wobble back into the bedroom and grab the phone... Guess who it was... It was Ice Man and what did he want to know? Have you been icing your foot? And then of course he did check in to see if I needed anything, etc... I forgot to say "YEAH A SHOWER". It was sweet he called. But of course I got myself back to the bed and what did I forget to grab.... the ICE. This wobbly crap is going to get pretty tiring (smile) and I have ONE GOOD leg/foot. I am sure if I had two bad bunions I would have done them both, but seriously bless you all that have two feet up and out of commission!!!

Okay back to business. What is it you want to know today.

Pain: Still no pain. Yesterday I took my dose of Ibuprofen 3x during the day (every 6 hours) and all was fine. I take 3 tablets each time for swelling. I can see my 3rd toe now and that one is also just as black and blue as the other ones. I have also started to take amino acid pills to help make sure I'm getting enough protein in my diet. I take those with my mid- morning and mid-day snack. I will ask my doctor if I should keep up with the Ibuprofen or if I should be taking something different for the swelling.

Post operation appoint is tomorrow at 1:30 CST. I will admit part of me is afraid to see what's under the dressing. Yet, it will be interesting. I believe he will also take an x-ray. So tomorrow I might actual have photos you care to see (smile). I just know it's going to look all ugly with the stitches, swelling, etc... but such is life right.

Sleep: Yesterday I didn't nap at all, yet I pretty much laid around ALL day. I was probably up more than I was the other days but only for 10 minutes here or there or transferring to a different location. I also know I am sleeping on my stomach. My foot is still elevated. It's just not facing up... it's facing down into the pillow. Do you think that's okay? It's the only way I am able to sleep. During the day I'm on my back and at night I'm on my stomach. Today I hope to get a nap in after I write this post.

Steve did end up staying home to help with the kids this a.m. and I was happy he did. I felt tired when I woke up and the noise level in the house was a bit more than I could handle. And I loved I wasn't the one saying "You need to wear a coat today, it's cold outside". And then I laughed when Steve said to me "I gotta jump in the shower. Can you get the kids to the bus stop" and I said "sure" then yelled "Kids, are you going out to the bus stop". What did he think I was going to do. Get up and walk them to the bus stop. Honestly, if one could record what takes place in the typical American home and just be able to re-watch themselves and the normal interactions that take place it would be so funny and could probably save many marriages and families. Right now all I can do is observe/listen (through a wall) and I just gotta laugh because it's the same ole same ole thing every day. AND learning to keep my comments to myself has been a blessing. I just gotta let Steve run with it because really at the end of the day if the kids are still happy and alive that's all that matters. Everyone does things their own way. There is no right or wrong.

I did finish my book yesterday. It was called The traveler's gift - Seven Decisions that determine personal success. It was a quick read and good. Below are the 7 decisions my friends, so go and be successful!! Seriously though it was a good read. Look it up.

1. The buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future.
2. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others.
3. I am a person of action. I seize this moment. I choose now.
4. I have a decided heart. My destiny is assured.
5. Today I will choose to be happy. I am the possessor of a grateful spirit.
6. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit. I will forgive myself.
7. I will persist without exception. I am a person of great faith.

Earl Nightingale's Greatest Discovery is the next book on my list.

I keep sort of thinking about the surgery center and how many people are in there day in and day out and just hope everyone is okay. We tend to forget about everyone that is going into some sort of surgery every day. Some don't make it back out and it's sad how caught up we get in our own little worlds. It's normal, but I can still hear 2 babies that were crying the day I was in there and I thought gosh I wonder what they are having done. Okay, that's my deep thought for the day. Just appreciate your life and notice the small things today.

Regarding work. I did make my way downstairs yesterday and decided to leave my laptop and stuff there. I figure if needed I will make my way downstairs today, yet I can see what is coming through via my iPhone so I'm feeling okay.

Not sure what my goal really is today. Continue to rest and try to think positive. This a.m. I could tell I got a little snappy with Steve when we were discussing the whole shower thing. I don't know if you've picked up but I'm a bit of a control freak (smile). See that's the other thing I'm learning... I gotta slow down and just let things be and life will still be good (probably even better).

One funny story. So since we have no t.v. channels I go out to the different players on the internet. Well, I decided to watch desperate housewives and after watching several episodes my one 6 year old son comes in and says "what did they say about a dead body". And I tried to explain this is just a silly mom show. Well, the next thing I know I have all three boys (Steve, Riley, and Anton) in my bed watching this stupid show all because they wanted to see the dead body. And I know the show is not appropriate for little kids but it was too cute. And I loved when the one lady was taking some sex drive liquid and my kids were like "what is she doing" and Steve and I were like "I don't know she's taking something she shouldn't" and then when there were long kissing scenes the kids would say "boy those two sure like to kiss a lot" and I'd be like "yeah". So now I have my kids hooked on Desperate Housewives! Nice Hey!!

Okay my friends - thanks for reading! Please if I'm not covering a topic you'd like to know about regarding bunions please let me know.

Enjoy your day!! And say and extra prayer out there for anyone that might be having some sort of procedure done.

No comments:

Post a Comment