Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 4 - Shower attempt... oops

This post is a continuation of the earlier post from today.

As you may know I asked my husband to help me take a shower and once again tonight when I asked him if he was going to help me he said "Fat chance of that happening. Your not suppose to get your foot wet", but then he did proceed to go get me some plastic piggly wiggly bags to use on my foot.

We wrapped three bags around my foot with rubber bands. I tried to keep my foot outside of the shower door while I washed my hair and my body. I gotta love how that striped towel is hung just right!!! And no, I didn't ask Steve to take these photos. He did that all on his own. Well, when I went to rinse myself off I thought I'll just stick my foot in the corner of the shower quick and I grabbed our hand held shower thinking that would work better than the normal shower head.
And as you can see below my attempt was not successful. Water went down my leg and into the bags. I think I only got the heal part wet and not where the actual stitches are located so I'm not too worried. I am going to sleep with my shoe off tonight though in hopes everything drys out prior to my doctor visit tomorrow. My shoe got wet too since I left that on inside the bags. Again, I did mention my brain just isn't thinking yet, right.What can I say... I am clean, so that's all that matters right? I think my next adventure will be climbing the stairs to our bathtub because then I can at least just hang my foot out of the tub. When do I get the boot 11/29? So I think I'm stuck doing this creative stuff with the shower/bath until then. Then I think I can go barefoot and pretty again because the stitches will be out. Why does 11/29 seem so far away?

Good night,
Julie


2 comments:

  1. Great to hear your recovery is going well and now you're clean as well.

    I had great success sitting on a stool inside the shower with my feet on another stool outside the shower. Even though the shower door remained 1/2 open I never got more than an occasional mist on the floor and never got my feet/boots wet. Maybe this method won't work with your shower?

    I'm a little envious of your ability to let go and lay around. Not so easy with this type A personality of mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me when I say ... I'm not sure how long this contentment will last. I tried to sit at my work computer yesterday to work just a little, but found I can't sit up with my legs up (lower than my heart). Still too much blood flow to the foot. It started throbbing within minutes. One more hour and then I leave for the doctor. Right now I think it feels good to just not feel the need to do anything. Hang in there each week has to get better... right (smile).

    ReplyDelete