Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday, Nov 13th


Hello,

I'm not really sure what I am doing since when I tried to enter information "about me" I got some strange error message and I'm too tired to try and figure it out right now. I have my bunion surgery on Thursday, Nov. 17th. I just had a terrific weekend with friends, so I am a bit tired and can't really think which is probably a good thing. This week will be busy up until Thursday (the day of my surgery). Tomorrow I have lots of meetings for work and then Tuesday and Thursday I have to go into the office for all day meetings. I normally work from home, so this is out of the norm, but my whole team is in town. What do you want to know about me? I am 40 years old, married and have two little boys (ages 6 and 8). I have a dog who is 12 years old and things are usually non-stop in my house. I really do not know how this is going to work with me being on the couch all day. Once the kids get off the bus it will be interesting!! I only need one foot done so that is good, yet the recovery time is all the same. I am getting my bunion removed because I love to exercise and over the years my bunion has become more painful to the point where I am starting to have to limit the miles I run, it hurts when I do something simple like jumping jacks, etc... I love running, water skiing, TRX, hot yoga, boot camps, etc... I have always been physically active so I can not quite grasp what it will be like not to exercise for a while or to have to completely change my routine. Yet, I'm hoping in the long run I have no regrets and I'm back to my normal activities within 3 to 6 months.

So the good news is I'm too tired to think about Thursday and the bad news is I know the surgery is going to be here in a blink of an eye. Mentally, I have been thinking about this though for months. Okay, hopefully I will find time this week to write some more, yet I'm not even sure if this blog thing is going to work right now so I'm going to stop and just test things out and once I know what I'm doing then I'll be back (smile). I should warn you I write as though I am talking so my sentences will not always be clear (smile), yet if you take the time to read what I have to say ... well thank you. I will do my best to express my feelings and emotions and my overall thought process as I go through this recovery period.

Until next time... Tootles! Here is a lovely picture of my bunion (right foot). I know I needed a new pedicure, but what can a girl do (smile). At the moment I am trying to just quiet my mind because the to do's are rushing through my brain as if there is no tomorrow, but this too shall pass. I just need to take one day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Julie - blog looks great! You do have a big challenge ahead with two little active boys! My kids at home are 13, 16 & 17. My husband worked from home the day of surgery and my 22 yr. old daughter was with me the next three. I highly recommend your husband or another adult stay with you most of the first several days if you can find a way! Good luck getting it all done this week and if we don't hear back before Tuesday I'll say a prayer for your successful surgery and recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb. My husband will be with me all day Thursday and through the weekend. Plus he said he'd be home in the a.m. and right after school when the kids get home. Keep providing me any and all advice : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. First here are two other blogs you'll enjoy.
    http://mytwolittlebunions.blogspot.com/
    http://mybunionsurgeryjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete