Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 9

Below is a photo from today's game. Steve wrote "cold and rainy"
Go Badgers Go
Mr. Steve is all ready to go!!
Photos below are from a couple years back
I believe this is the year one of his buddies brought his brand new truck and after taking a taxi back to our house the guys thought it would be fun to go off roading on some land we had about 10 miles away from our house. Let's just say his truck didn't look so new the next morning. I will miss not waking up and hearing all about their stories, but I won't miss being woken up at 2 a.m. when they all get home. Even though over the years they do tend to come home earlier and earlier, but still tipsy as can be.
Have Fun Steve. As Joe mentioned a few days ago you earned it!
I keep tightening the straps on my surgery shoe which leads me to believe my swelling continues to go down. So I'm curious if my foot looks any different come Tuesday when I go back to get the stitches out. On the foot front really I have nothing new to report. All is going well.

I am getting a little sick of being confined to the house. This a.m. when Steve said I'm going out for coffee I said "hey, can you go to starbucks and get me a chai" and he said "no". Starbuck is 10 minutes away or less, but there is another coffee place 2 minutes away. I only like Chai at Starbucks. I'm not a caffeine drinker and once or twice a week I treat myself to Starbucks Chai on my way back from the health club. I know - doesn't make sense to work my ass off and then drink 220 calories right afterwards, but it's a treat for me so I do it. So that was my first rejection for the day.

Then I said... while you get yourself some coffee can you stop and pick me up some Chobani yogert or Stonefield Banavanilla yogert along with some different kinds of fruit. I added and no chips or crackers because it's too easy for me to munch on. Today I did get on the scale and I'm right where I need to be. There hasn't been any change in my weight over the last week, so I was happy.

Steve gets home from shopping and getting himself a cup of coffee. I said "so did you get my yogert?" He says "yeah", so I wobble out to the kitchen and see some Sugar River Rock Vanilla Yogert on the counter. Okay - grant it no big deal, but I couldn't help but say "REALLY, what part of STONE FIELD BANA_VANILLA did you not understand" and then I had to add "Today I will be getting in the car and driving, so I can get a CHAI and the yogert I WANT". Then I hear "Mom, stay above the line" coming from Anton's mouth. A couple weeks back I attended a training session on risk management and in that session the instructor drew a line and below the line he wrote Excuses, Blame, and Denial and mentioned when things go wrong people tend to go below the line, but when things go wrong people should stay above the line and he wrote the word responsibility. Well I took this theory back to my kids and said "okay boys we have a new rule and it's called "Stay above the line". On my sheet I drew a line and wrote whining, blaming, hitting, complaining below the line and above the line I wrote take responsibility and ownership. So over the last couple of weeks my kids have heard me say "Stay above the line" and it's been working really well. So needless to say all I could do was look at Anton and say "your right, I need to stay above the line". And he said "good, because I was talking to you and not to dad". And then Steve adds in "just add a banana to the yogert and you'll have banavanilla" and I said "I'm trying to stay above the line please keep your comments to yourself. Steve also bought a big bag of cheese puffs and his variety of fruit was green pears and red pears. I guess when I said "bring a variety of fruits like plums, necterines (spelling) etc.. wasn't clear enough. And also not sure if he understood do not bring any crackers or chips home either. The problem is when cheese puffs are in the house then I will eat them.

So today my goal is to exercise once Steve and the kids leave. Take another bath. Maybe get a nap in and read. I also thought I should work on my photo album.

Last night the kids and I watched Igor while Steve cleaned the house so tonight I thought it might be fun to watch Annie so they can see who the monster was trying to be in the show yesterday. Not sure if the movie Annie will go over well with two little boys but I thought it's worth a try, right : )

Also watched life as a tree movie - not really sure what I thought. I couldn't really keep watching it. A little to slow for me or my mind wasn't in the right place.

Steve thinks I should rename my blog to just say "Julie's Thoughts". He is probably right, hey.

Enjoy your Saturday,
Julie


1 comment:

  1. OMG I can so relate to not getting what you asked for and not being able to get it yourself! Painful!

    Since my shopping excursion I've been doing even more laying around and icing...got photos for the last several months online and ordered and made/ordered my Christmas cards! Only thing keeping me from going crazy is trying to find something I can actually accomplish! Good luck on your own today!

    ReplyDelete