Thursday, December 29, 2011

6 week photos - all is great

Hello,

Gosh it feels like forever since I've written yet I hate to say it but I don't have much to report.  Everything is going great.  I really do feel like everything is back in order.

  • I'm working just like I did prior to the surgery and I'm not elevating or icing my foot at all.  
  • I am back to going to the health club every day.  I have not done a hot yoga class or have not been running.  I will wait on the running until 8 weeks.  Yoga I might venture into soon.  I was thinking maybe tomorrow, but not sure if my schedule will accommodate it or not.  We will see, but I think within the next week I will return and frankly I think it will be good for my toe/foot to do all the stretching, etc..   So exercise wise I'm walking, doing TRX training, elliptical, Stair stepper (the one where it's real stairs not just the stair master).  I even did jumping jacks last week and this week and some other high impact things but only for 30 seconds to a minute and I took it easy (slow), but I felt fine.  
  • I got a pedicure as you can see in the pictures below.  The massage on my foot felt excellent and I was thinking about scheduling a foot massage soon too.
  • I can still feel the scar tissue inside my foot/under my scar.  It does not hurt or bother me it just feels like my sock is bunched up or I have a cotton ball between my big toe/second toe.  I was told this might take awhile before this feeling goes away.  Yet, I do not stop myself from doing anything normal.  
  • I wear normal shoes and have been since my last posting (4 weeks/3 days).  I do not have to loosen up my laces or anything.  Keep in mind I tend to wear more earthy shoes versus pointy, high heals, etc..  I'd say my foot is still a bit swollen right on top, but it doesn't get in the way of anything or bother me.   I even stubbed my toe the other day and was amazed I had NO pain.  
  • My walking is back to normal.  No limping or slow walking, etc..  

Here are some 6 week photos. I find I like wearing my Birkenstocks in the house.  I like how I naturally have the toe separator built in (smile). My scar is shiny on here because I put Vitamin E on the scar.
Amazing how some polish makes the feet look so much better, hey : ) 
Close up of the scar.  In person it really looks good and I'm not worried about how the scar will look long term.  I will be surprised if one can see much in a few months and if you can oh well it's just another story to tell, right.  

So I wish I had something crazy to report, but I don't.  I will report back at week 7 even though I don't expect to much to change week to week.

For those of you who have been through this before.  How long did it take for the scar tissue to heal inside your foot?  I'm referring to that little bit of tightness that is still there.   Not sure if this makes sense.  

Have a Happy New Year!  Be safe!  Hope your all doing well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment