Thursday, January 5, 2012

7 Weeks - No Stopping me now

Close up of the scar at 7 weeks.  
In person the scar is completely flat with my other skin
Foot at 7 weeks.

Just as I expected there is not much different than last week.  Some new activities I have done in the last week include hot yoga, roller skating, and running!  Yes, I know I was suppose to wait one more week before I ran but for some reason this a.m. I could not resist it.   I was on the treadmill 60 minutes and probably ran a good 30 plus minutes.  I was amazed at how good I felt and how I had to force myself to stop.  Around 35 minutes into it I stopped and realized I have NO BUNION PAIN in my foot!!  

I am icing my foot right now just to be safe since this is the first time I ran in 7 weeks and I can say this is the first time I have iced my foot in a LONG time.  This picture above was taken after my workout and after my shower, so as you can see all still looks good!   Yoga was no problem at all either.  Some of the one stand positions I am not as strong on my weak foot, but I knew that because that's how it is in TRX class too.   Roller skating now that was a blast.  I have not roller skated since I was a teenager and my kids wanted to go so we all went.  All was great until my son pulled me down during one of his falls and I fell on my tail bone, but each day the pain is less and less.   We also bought ice skates this past week and plan to hit the lakes/ponds soon.  Again have not ice skated since I was a teenager too.

I also got Allie out for a walk too since it was around 45 degrees today in Wisconsin!!

Do me a favor and read Christy comments from my Day 26.  She is having some issues and I'm hoping someone can provide some insights/suggestions.  It's the last comment in this post.

So all and all things continue to go well.  At this point I truly feel like I'm back to normal unless me running today versus waiting until next week sets me back.  Tomorrow I won't do any cardio and I will give my foot a rest.  I probably won't run again until Monday.

I can still feel some of the scar tissue from inside my foot.  I called my nurse today and she said that is normal and will ask the doctor if there is something he can do, but she recommends to keep massaging it.
It doesn't hurt it just makes that area of my foot feel a little bulky.

Happy New Year's!!
Julie

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your foot is healed! I am at around 5 weeks since my surgery & doing great. The foot swells up almost every day, but no pain. I understand that this is normal though. So far so good. I still use a boot for outside walking, but heel walk inside. I expect that when I see the Dr. next week that he will okay me for full weight bearing. Talk to you later.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. Ill post my follow up second opinion appt. In the shoe chapter. =)
    Christy

    ReplyDelete