Saturday, January 7, 2012

7 weeks and 2 days - no scar tissue just inflammation

I just wanted to quickly mention that I did talk with my doctors nurse who talked to my doctor and I don't have scar tissue.  The bulky feeling I feel time to time is just inflammation since the foot is still healing.

She mentioned it's totally normal and I don't have to stop doing anything since I can't harm my foot.  She did mention if I wanted to stop high impact activities that would maybe help bring some inflammation down, yet it's not necessary since I'm not in pain or anything.   Besides running on Thursday I haven't done too much high impact stuff to date.  Sure I do jumping jacks and some other jumps in between some TRX sets, but it's for 30 seconds to a minute long and that's only on Wednesday's.

I am curious what is scar tissue?  I assumed it was scar tissue inside my foot that was causing the bulking feeling since I keep reading from others how they need to break up their scar tissue.

Anyway - I did feel better knowing it's just normal inflammation that will go away with time.

Have a great weekend ahead!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I got a bunion surgery in Crystal lake hospital. My recovery looked pretty similar! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is likely to crack. This normally occurs in healthy and fit individuals who subject their body to excess physical activities. This kind of fracture is normally experienced by sportspersons and military recruits who engage in physical activities for long periods of time. They develop a stress fracture that leads to foot pain. The second situation is where people have extremely weak bones. This commonly affects women with osteoporosis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog was such a big help to me - before my foot surgery and after. Your weekly updates gave me a positive spin on an something I was a little fearful of - especially not being able to walk and exercise! I'm closing in on 4 weeks post surgery and feeling very good. Thanks for all your updates, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bunion is one of the most common forefoot deformities. A displacement of the bone under the 1st toe occurs. This causes the big toe to move towards the smaller toes. This shifting of the bones causes a bony prominence on the side of the patients foot (the bunion joint). Over a period of time the big toe may come to rest under (occasionally over) the 2nd toe.

    ReplyDelete